Wednesday, April 7, 2010

update on the hand



So the hand is doing much better... but we now have to deal with the nose. Notice in the picture the redness! So the back to the hand. She went back to the doctor on Tuesday for her first treatment and didn't even cry. I asked Brandon to take her this time because the last appt (day of pain) I almost lost it. Brandon called me on the way there, and oh yes, I wore him out with the did you do this and that and take this and be sure to tell that. THANK YOU BRANDON! He was great and she was in such a good mood when she left. DR H said during the pain management days we did a great job keeping it clean and there was no sign of infection. WOOHOO! Now the plan is to still change the dressing everyday, re apply the noxzema looking stuff, but now we have to cut away the skin and CANNOT let it scab. Any other cut a scab is ok, but when it comes to burn scabs thats a no no! Thats what can cause major scarring and can actual change the form of her hand. We definitely do NOT want that. Ella has been such a super trooper during this and I am so proud of her. She is such a big girl! 

Now on to the nose. I guess she is going to take after her Mom and start early on the nose breaking issues. We don't think it is broken (I would know) but it is bruised pretty good. We have been so worried about her not falling on her hand she fell flat on her NOSE. We were at church tonight and she was running in the kids playroom and fell. She got a bloody nose and all. On our way home I notice it was getting purple and now is red. I put some pressure on it and she says it doesn't hurt. Either that kid has the pain tolerance of a giant or it  really doesnt hurt. We will address again in the AM!!! Dear Ella- please do not hurt yourself in the next 12 hours! xoxo Mommy. 

Of course I have to mention Hudson. He is such a power house. That kid LOVE to rough house! Brandon can rough house with him for hours and he just wants more and gets a kick out of it! We sure love these babies! 

3 comments:

  1. Time to stick her in a bubble! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding. I think she is going to take after my brother who always was breaking something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! what next?!?!? hope she is feeling better! I am guessing they are having you put silvadene/silver nitrate on her hand? poooor baby!

    ReplyDelete